We are often asked at what temperature should it be before applying Nemaslug – so we have produced the handy table below to provide a rough guide.
Please note that this is the soil temperature and not the air temperature as seen in most weather forecasts, see the gardening weather forecast via met check for the approximate soil temperatures in your area.
But don’t forget, soil temperatures can vary depending on the amount of sun your garden receives, so shady areas will usually be a few degrees lower than those exposed to full sun.
Minimum Nematode Application Temperatures (Soil Temp)
- Nemaslug Slug Killer: 5ºC (40ºF)
- Nemasys Vine Weevil Killer: 5ºC (40ºF)
- Nemasys Grow Your Own: 5ºC (40ºF)
- Nemays No Ants: 10ºC (50ºF)
- Nemasys Chafer Grub Killer: 12ºC (54ºF).
- Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer: 12ºC (54ºF)
(Nematodes are capable of surviving the odd frost; so don’t worry if the temperatures drop after you apply them)