Nemaslug large packs are for larger gardens or allotments up to 100 sq.m (125 sq.yds). Read more…
Take the hassle out of ordering Nemaslug by buying a planned programme. Read more…
Latest From The Nemaslug Slug Killer Blog
By applying Nemaslug before the temperature drop at the end of the season there will be fewer slugs to over-winter and breed, resulting in […]
It is best to do this during your evening watering as the soil won’t dry out so quickly, giving the nematodes time to go […]
We are often asked at what temperature should it be before applying Nemaslug – so we have produced the handy table below to provide […]
This is the best slug killer I have used ever. Just water it on & leave. I can’t use slug pellets because we have a dog & about 5 hedgehogs in our garden. The best slug is a Nemaslug which is a very dead slug. Thank you.Shelia W,
I have seen no evidence of slug activity and both my established Hosta and a newly planted one still have fully intact leaves…Brenda H,
All the nematodes in Nemaslug and the Nemasys range are naturally found in UK soil. Our nematode kill a specific garden pest, whether slugs, vine weevils, chafer grubs, leatherjackets, caterpillars or codling moth.
- These aggressive organisms attack the pest by entering natural body openings or by penetrating the insect cuticle directly.
- Once inside, they release bacteria that stops the pest from feeding, quickly killing the pest.
- They do not stop there. The nematodes reproduce inside the dead pest and release a new generation of hungry nematodes, which disperse to hunt down further prey.
- Once they have killed the pest for which they have been bred they die back to their natural numbers.
- Keep the sealed pack in the fridge so they remain inactive, ensuring their good health until you need them.
- Nematodes will keep up to the expiry date, clearly marked on each sealed pack, when kept refrigerated.
- They are perishable so you should not open the pack before you intend to use it.
- It is always best to use living products as soon as possible after receipt.
The benefits of Nemaslug Slug Killer
- Nemaslug is safe to use and harmless to children, pets, birds and wildlife.
- One application of Nemaslug gives around six weeks control of slugs.
- Unlike some other slug control methods, Nemaslug continues to work well during wet weather.
- Nemaslug is easy to apply and does not leave any unsightly residues.
- Slugs treated with Nemaslug will stop feeding in 3 days & die in a week.